I am so honored to celebrate my 1 year with this amazing company. A huge shout out to Dan Hill for taking a chance on a new graduate who replied to a Tweet; I couldn't have asked for a better boss and mentor to guide me as a young professional. Dan has taught me many, MANY things over the past two years that I've worked for him. Take for example this post's picture. It was the first time Dan took me out to lunch after I moved to DC. Imagine my surprise when I learned that soft shell crab was NOT, in fact, the same thing as a crab cake (much to Dan's delight). In the spirit of continuous learning I want to share with you a few of my favorite pearls of wisdom thus far:
1. College doesn't teach you everything
2. Every situation is either a learning, listening or teachable moment
3. Admit when a mistake has been made, move on and grow from the experience
4. Always be humble, respectful and resourceful in your position
5. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is your career
Thank you again to everyone who helped me reach this point - I can't wait to see what the future holds!